Monday, June 21, 2010

Hilton family owes me an apology

Almost two full rounds of games have come and gone in this year’s Mundial, and if we have learned anything it’s that Raymond Domenech sucks more than we once thought, and all the talk about the official match ball giving the strikers an unnecessary advantage was a load of bollox. Scoring is way down and my interest is waning. Before the tournament started I thought I would give it a go at seeing every single match. Before Day 3 had finished my effort had been proved futile.
It is a fact of life that sharing sucks, and if I had my way every thing would be given to me on a silver platter. Unfortunately here at the Hilton Mishmar Haemek, management only supplied 1 T.V. between 25 guests. About a week ago I had wanted to see a mid afternoon game between Germany vs. (I am forgetting now, but probably some country Germany invaded in the middle of the last century), only to find out that the plasma set in the hotel lobby piano bar was being used. The offending party had put on the DVD "Crossraods" starring Britney Spears which they had all probably seen at least ten times each in the last year.
Not wanting to be a brat about it, I farted really loudly upon exiting the room and returned to my penthouse suite on the 17 level to sulk.
To be fair in the last ten days I have probably taken in about six or seven matches, and to be honest that is a lot of soccer soccer even for a madman like myself. I almost feel bad to a certain extent for the real journalists having to cover the tournament,hours upon hours of watching roughly the same sequence of events unfold in all too predictable manner, compounded by the incessant buzz of the assclowns with their stoogesticks. Then I remember they were given complimentary tickets and accommodations in South Africa to write about sport and they receive significant compensation for their effort. On the other hand, I write my blog for free, work in a smelly chicken coop and am being constantly attacked by roosters(COCKS), and the place smells almost as bad as the tunnel of shit that Andy Dufraine crawled through in Shawshank Redemption. In addition I am given fuck all in compensation. To make matters worse it’s blistering hot outside and the hotel's pool is still being renovated. Next time I’m in Israel I’m going to stay at the Marriot Magaan Michael.

No comments:

Post a Comment